To have a daily painting emailed to you every day, please enter your address below.

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Saturday, January 6, 2018

Ruby with Broken Leg, 2


12 inches, square oil on board

Hurting and on drugs! Awful. Cast comes off Wednesday.

I'm using different brushes, old ones, even though I have new bushes with perfect edges...trying to save them for the last bit of the painting when I need precision, and possibly taking care of them better so they laaaaassst. So - working with the old brushes makes me draw more and simplify shapes, I'm surprised how helpful this is. Also out of paint and having to substitute, for instance Naples yellow for yellow ochre -- a world of difference, but I am getting better acquainted with what can happen. It's so wonderful to be painting, OY!


1 comment:

  1. So glad to see you painting again! Both paintings capture her somber mood. Hope the cast is off and she's back to normal.

    ReplyDelete